Course: Occupational Health Physiotherapy Level 1
This course is appropriate for AHPRA registered physiotherapists only *
The Occupational Health Physiotherapy Level 1 course provides a solid and valuable grounding in the growing field of occupational health physiotherapy (OHP). This is interactive course covers 10 modules including professional performance standards, the role of the occupational health physiotherapist, workplace legislation relevant to OHP, the risk management approach to injury prevention, worksite assessment and job safety analysis, ergonomic workstation assessments, workplace safety systems and safety culture, injury management, professional communication, workplace training and design.
This course is a mandatory component of the experiential titling pathway in Occupational Health Physiotherapy.
Completing this course will enable you to:
• identify the professional performance standards for OHP
• develop a working level of understanding regarding the various roles of occupational health physiotherapists
• describe key statements of relevant workplace health and safety legislation in Australia
• describe and understand the principles of risk management and hierarchy of risk control
• identify key criteria for performing worksite assessment and job safety analysis and describe the steps involved in performing them
• have the knowledge and skills to undertake a basic ergonomic intervention
• understand the need for establishing safety systems and safety culture in the workplace and describe the key components of safe workplace systems
• identify and understand principles of rehabilitation and injury management
• outline the steps in the hierarchy of rehabilitation management and define key stakeholders and understand the importance of an early return
• identify and understand requirements of appropriate written communication involved in occupational health assessments, interventions and training
• recognise the importance of design, delivery style and evaluation in providing effective training programs
• have the knowledge and skills to undertake a worksite assessment
• understand the networks and references available to continue the ongoing learning and development of occupational health physiotherapy skills.
Presenters: Derek Thomas FACP APAM
Matthew Forner APAM
Dates: 28 - 29 July 2018
Time: Day 1: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Day 2: 8.00am to 3.30pm
Registrations Close: 11 July 2018