Completing this course will enable you to:
1. Understand female pelvic anatomy and pain concepts specific to female sexual pain with application of the pelvic anatomy concepts in the internal and external assessment practical sessions
2. Understand the concept of the female sexual response
3. Identify common sexual pain conditions – such as genito-pelvic pain penetration disorder (vaginismus and dyspareunia), overactive pelvic floor muscles and vulvodynia
4. Complete an initial assessment of a client with female sexual pain and plan a follow-up treatment – sample assessment and screening forms in the manual
5. Identify and implement treatments appropriate for the management of female sexual pain.
Basic understanding of female pelvic anatomy
Basic understanding of pain concepts
Previous experience with conducting an internal vaginal examination
Eileen Lavis, Principal Physiotherapist, Complete Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy
Eileen gained her Post Graduate Certificate in Continence and Pelvic Floor Rehabilitation from Melbourne University in 2002 which further expanded her knowledge of continence and pelvic floor conditions. Eileen and her team are the only Physiotherapists solely specializing in private practice continence and pelvic floor Physiotherapy in The Lake Macquarie, Newcastle and Hunter region.
Eileen was awarded The Continence Foundation of Australia 2008 National Conference Scholarship. She is a clinical educator for pelvic floor courses provided to Doctors, Physiotherapists and Nurses with Complete Pelvic Floor Physiotherapy and is a lecturer and clinical supervisor for undergraduate Physiotherapy and Midwifery students at The University of Newcastle.
Eileen presents at conferences and medical in-service programs and provides book reviews for international journals. Eileen provides input into the development of continence pathways for Hunter New England Health Service.
*If unsure of your suitability, please email email@example.com
You could save $55 on this and other courses by joining an APA national group
By registering for this lecture, you agree to the APA Events Terms and Conditions.