APA Research Portal
The APA Research Portal provides comprehensive, full-text resources from world-class research databases.
The Australian Physiotherapy Association does not accept any liability to any person for the information or advice (or use of such information or advice) which is provided by these resources or incorporated into them by reference. We provide these resources on the understanding that all members accessing them take responsibility for assessing its clinical relevance and accuracy prior to using these resources with their clients or patients.
Some of the features include:
• the complete MEDLINE and CINAHL indexes
• simultaneous search capability of two databases: MEDLINE Complete, the world’s largest full-text medical database; CINAHL Plus with full-text, the world’s premier allied health database;
• over 3000 full-text journals including Physiotherapy Research International, Physical Therapy, Physiotherapy Theory and Practice, Advances in Physiotherapy, Spinal Cord, International Journal of Therapy & Rehabilitation, Topics in Stroke Rehabilitation, Journal of Paediatric Rehabilitation Medicine, BMJ, and many more
• extras such as: free app download to access via iPhone/Android devices; folder functionality to easily manage research; RSS feeds; and email alert service to notify users when a new issue of a selected journal is published, or articles matching selected topics are published.
Physiotherapy Evidence Database (PEDro)
The Physiotherapy Evidence Database (PEDro) is a global evidence resource for physiotherapy. Some of the features of PEDro include:
- most complete indexing of high-level evidence about the effects of physiotherapy interventions
- indexes reports of evidence-based clinical practice guidelines, systematic reviews and randomised controlled trials
- all trials are rated for quality to quickly guide users to trial reports which are most likely to be valid and contain sufficient statistical information to guide clinical practice
- direct links to full-text
- direct links to the latest evidence for each area of physiotherapy.
The APA is a Foundation Partner for PEDro.