• To teach newly graduated physiotherapists or those entering sports environment for the first time, skills in basic assessment of sporting injuries to
the knee, ankle, foot, hip and groin, spine, shoulder and thigh.
• Participants will also demonstrate competence (via recommended learning reinforced throughout the level 1 course) in emergency management of
the injured athlete.
• To ensure that all participants can confidently diagnose and formulate a treatment plan for standard sports injuries. The course will also prepare
participants for work within a sporting team and knowledge on travelling with a team, load monitoring, concussion assessment and management
and introductory taping skills.
Combination of graduate physiotherapists – approximately up to 2 years after graduating, and any physiotherapist wishing to refine their sports physiotherapy assessment and management skills and techniques.
It is recommended before you attend this course you complete:
• AHPRA Registration as a Physiotherapist - http://www.physiotherapyboard.gov.au/Registration/Forms.aspx
• SMA Sports Trainer minimum level 1 Course - http://sma.org.au/training-courses/sports-trainers/level-1-sports-trainer/
• First Aid, CPR Current certificate
• ASADA Medical Support Personnel Anti-Doping Course - https://www.asada.gov.au/anti-doping-programmes/education
*If unsure of your suitability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dates 16th, 17th, 18th March 2018 ~ Please note that this is a new format from what has been done in the past ~
Friday 16th: 8.00am - 5.30pm
Saturday 17th: 8.00am - 5.30pm
Sunday 18th: 8.00am - 5.30pm
Registrations close Thursday 1st March 2018
By registering for this course, you agree to the APA Events Terms and Conditions
You could save $55 on this and other courses by joining an APA national group.