Course: Continence and Women's Health Physiotherapy Level 1
This course is appropriate for AHPRA qualified physiotherapists only*
This is an introductory 2 day course aimed at those who are not currently working in the area of continence and women’s health. If you encounter perinatal and/or menopausal women during your daily practice, then this is the course for you.
Dates 22-23 September 2018
Time 8.30 am - 5.00 pm
Registrations close 9 September 2017
At the completion of this course, participants should:
- Have an understanding of the scope of clinical practice in Continence and Women’s Health physiotherapy
- Have a basic understanding of the normal biomechanical and physiological processes that underlie the health of women through the life stages,
- Have an understanding of normal pelvic floor anatomy, physiology and function
- Have a basic understanding of pelvic floor dysfunctions, their prevalence and risk factors
- Have a basic understanding of some disorders of storage and voiding of the bladder and bowel and be able to identify clients at risk of such disorders and know when referral to a C&WH physiotherapist is necessary. (Assessment and management of PFD will be included in the level 2 course)
- Have a basic understanding of how to teach PFM exercises to individuals and groups. Have an understanding of the limitations of teaching PFM exercises without assessment of PFM function via internal examination and/or transabdominal RTUS
- Have an understanding of the role of the physiotherapist in the hospital gynaecology ward, including general gynaecological disorders, surgical techniques and post-operative precautions.
- Have an understanding of the assessment of abdominal wall, low back and pelvic girdle pain and dysfunction in pregnancy and postpartum
- Have a basic understanding of appropriate exercise prescription during pregnancy and postpartum.
- Have an understanding of the use of garments and support devices during pregnancy and postpartum.
- Have an understanding of the role of the physiotherapist in ante and postnatal classes and the postnatal ward.
*If unsure of your suitability, please email email@example.com
You could save $55 on this and other courses by joining an APA national group.