Membership of the paediatric group is open to all APA members with an interest in paediatric physiotherapy.
The paediatric group has a number of roles in supporting and enhancing paediatric physiotherapy within the Australian community. These include:
• providing quality professional development and training opportunities for clinicians
• advocating for issues important to clinicians and clients at a federal government level
• promoting paediatric physiotherapy.
Paediatric physiotherapists see a wide range of conditions in the areas of musculoskeletal/orthopaedic, neurological/developmental, cardiorespiratory and psychological health. They also provide treatment, management and education to enhance the participation of children aged 0–18 years.
The paediatric group aims to increase the awareness of other health practitioners and families on the skill-set of paediatric physiotherapists. This ambition makes the group a great first contact point for child development issues including appropriate play, physical activity and biomechanical changes—along with the more traditional roles associated with paediatric physiotherapists.
Benefits of membership
- Quarterly e-news to keep you up-to-date with the latest news from the group
- Attend Paediatric professional development activities at the group rate
- Career pathway opportunity in paediatric physiotherapy health via the APA’s titling and specialisation process
To join, or for more information, contact the APA on 1300 306 622 or firstname.lastname@example.org.