HR in Practice
How to access HR in Practice
Click here to access HR in Practice
What is HR in Practice?
HR in Practice is an integrated workplace relations advisory service allowing Business group members to access the accumulated knowledge of a professional, expert team. With constant changes in relation to human resources and industrial relations affecting the physiotherapy profession in recent years, the Australian Physiotherapy Association is proud to be introducing HR in Practice, a new Service for PBA members commencing 1 June 2013
The Service is designed to help members improve their staff management and productivity, facilitate teamwork and reduce the risk associated with understanding workplace related issues and legislation.
HR in Practice is operated by Wentworth Advantage, a specialist outsourced workplace relations Company that provides expert advice in human resources, industrial relations, employment conditions, entitlements and legislation, work health and safety, workers compensation and superannuation.
How does the HR in Practice Service work?
The service will provide:
• A dedicated HR Hotline: friendly advice from a specialist workplace relations advisor enabling PBA members to discuss issues on a wide range of workplace matters. A voicemail service is also available in busy times.
• A comprehensive online resource library: including template employment contracts, job descriptions, template policies and procedures, obligations under the Fair Work Act 2009, information fact sheets and checklists, and more.
In addition, HR in Practice provides you with support and solutions to maintain workplace compliance covering such matters including:
• Fair Work Act 2009
• Relevant modern awards i.e. Health Professionals and Support Services Award 2010
• Employment contract templates compliant with the National Employment Standards (NES)
• Work health and safety
• Wages, salaries, hours, leave entitlements and public holidays
• Promotion, demotion and discipline
• Termination of employment – notice, dismissal and redundancy
• Discrimination/Equal Employment Opportunity law
In instances when a member’s enquiry may be particularly complex or unique, PBA members may be given an option to tap into paid services from Wentworth Advantage that are tailored to your specific needs.
P: 1300 138 954
Hours of operation
The helpdesk service will be operational from 8.30am – 5.30pm, Monday to Friday, excluding NSW and National public holidays. When this service is not operational there will be a pre-recorded voicemail facility to allow members to leave their call back details.