Frequently asked questions and advice
The APA or its employees cannot provide legal advice and can only provide general advice. However, in cases of disputes between members or third parties, you may consider:
Insurance related advice⊖⊕
1. Insured members can access 30 minutes free legal advice per annum for any matters related to their business or employment in a physio business.
2. No advice for personal matters is provided.
3. To access this benefit, members must call Insurance House on 1300 305 834.
Finance related advice⊖⊕
1. PBA (Premium Principal) members received a free 60 minute consultation with William Buck.
2. William Buck can refer PBA members to legal firm TressCox lawyers, who have experience in the health industry.
3. To access this benefit, PBA-PP members must call Andrew Gill on 03 9824 8555 or email email@example.com
Other advice—Maurice Blackburn⊖⊕
1. Free initial consultation (up to 60 minutes), preliminary verbal advice and written report.
2. If member wishes to take the matter further, they must then sign a fee agreement.
3. Scope of enquiries
i. Plaintiff law (workplace, road accident and public liability injuries)
ii. Superannuation and insurance claims
iii. Wills disputes
iv. Patient safety initiatives
v. Employment law
- Initial consultation = $605
- Member would be advised of their options, timeframes for resolution, possible outcomes
- Employees only
4. To access this benefit, contact Olivia Tanner on (03) 9605 2654 or email OTanner@mauriceblackburn.com.au
5. Outside the terms/scope detailed above, MB can refer members to other legal organisations if required.
6. Members seeking legal advice re: personal matters should be referred to MB.
Complaints and notifications
Advice for practices and practitioners