Sports physiotherapy courses in Hong Kong
In 2014 and 2016, the Australian Physiotherapy Association (APA) and Sports Medicine Australia (SMA) jointly delivered a two-day course for physiotherapists working in sport. The course involves Australian presenters travelling to Hong Kong to share their knowledge with physiotherapists working in the Asia-Pacific region.
The course combines two courses: Sports Physiotherapy Level 1 and Level 1 Sports Trainer. Usually each of these courses is a full two-day program, however by combining common course components and incorporating an online pre-reading and assessment component, the four days of training have been condensed into two. The course consists of 16 hours of theoretical and practical sessions on topics including:
- role of the sports physiotherapist
- evidence informed sports injury prevention
- basic nutrition and hydration in sport
- tissue healing
- immediate management of injuries and medical conditions in sport
- emergency care
- introduction to sports taping
- assessment, diagnosis and management of the ankle, knee and shoulder in sport.
On completion course participants receive two certificates:
- Sports Physiotherapy Australia Level 1 Sports Physiotherapy Course
- Sports Medicine Australia Level 1 Sports Trainer
Details of future courses in Hong Kong will be available here.