Arthritis is the result of damage to your joints through wear and tear. There is no cure, but through physiotherapy there are ways of managing the condition and making life easier.
Symptoms and signs
- recurring pain or tenderness in a joint
- stiffness, particularly in the morning
- swelling in a joint
- obvious redness or heat in a joint
- inability to move a joint
Physiotherapy can help
Physiotherapists are highly qualified in the assessment and treatment of the effects of arthritis. Physiotherapy can:
- reduce pain
- improve movement and posture
- strengthen muscles
- improve independent function
- assess and treat biomechanical problems that may exacerbate the pain and loss of function
If you suffer from arthritis pain it is important that you have your condition assessed by a physiotherapist.