APA Board of Directors Student Prize
The APA Board of Directors Student Prize was established to recognise an APA student member who has demonstrated leadership capacity through their outstanding contribution to the APA and the community.
Nominations for the 2018 APA Board of Directors Student Prize close 7 September 2018.
Download nomination form
Nominations can be submitted via email to Samantha Goodier. Please ensure that your application contains all the supporting documentation. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
Nominees must meet the following requirements:
• Enrolled in an entry-level physiotherapy program
• Current APA student member
• At least credit level or equivalent average grades across their entry-level program
Nominees will be judged on:
• Contributions made to the Physiotherapy Student and University Networks
• Display of exceptional leadership and high motivation that inspired others (external to contributions to the APA)
• Significant involvement in an activity that contributed to the community in an area of charitable works, support programs for people with chronic disease or disability, health promotion or advocacy programs (external to contributions to the APA)
• High standards of academic progress in their entry-level program
Nominations must be proposed by the Head of the student’s physiotherapy school.
Nominees for the award will be recognised in APA publications.
The award recipient will receive:
• $1000 from the APA and their corporate partner ASICS
• APA New Graduate Membership (in the year they first become eligible)
• Membership to one APA national group of their choice (in the same year as the New Graduate Membership)
• $500 APA professional development voucher
The award recipient will have the opportunity to be a member of the APA National Advisory Council the year following their award where he/she will represent student physiotherapists and our future leaders of the profession.
The award recipient will be required to make themselves available for up to three APA appearances within 12 months of winning the award to promote the APA and the award. Appearances can include talks at student information evenings and at university. Times and dates for appearances are to be mutually agreed upon.
The award recipient is determined by the APA Board of Directors. The Board’s decision is final and no appeals will be considered.
For further information please contact your state APA Branch office: