APA Conference 2015
Conference Advisory Committee
The Australian Physiotherapy Association is pleased to invite members to express their interest in becoming a Conference Advisory Committee member for the 2015 APA Physiotherapy Conference being held on the Gold Coast.
The purpose of this committee is to lead the planning for APA’s flagship Conference held every two years and designed to provide information and knowledge sharing for the physiotherapy industry.
If you are enthusiastic and interested in being a member of this committee which will support the development of this key event for the APA membership and the physiotherapy profession please read the attached the 2015 Conference Advisory Committee – Charter and complete the 2015 Conference Advisory Committee Expressions of Interest form.
The 2015 APA Conference will be held from Saturday 3 October to Tuesday 6 October (Conference days) with the Pre conference workshops on Friday 2 October. With school holidays for most states around these dates, and a public holiday for some states, this is a perfect time to minimise your time away from your workplace, or plan your family holiday.
Please note that all expressions of interest must be submitted on the appropriate form and your supporting evidence should provide sufficient information to enable proper assessment of your application.
Closing date extended to Monday 27 October 2014 at 5pm.
For further information, please contact Vicki Smith, Manager, Learning and Development Division on 03 9092 0888 or by email.
National Group Scientific Program Committees
The APA is calling for expressions of interest from national group members to support the creation of each national group conference program.
The National Group Scientific Program Committee is the committee responsible for the planning and support of the group scientific program. Expressions of interest (EOI) for 2015 National Group Scientific Program Committees are now open for the following groups:
- Acupuncture and Dry Needling
- Continence and Women’s Health
- Leadership and Management
- Occupational Health
Each group committee will consist of up to eight members, including the chair. We welcome experienced 2013 committee members to apply for the 2015 committee. A number of 2013 committee members will be considered for the 2015 committee so that we maintain continuity in the planning process.
We encourage you to give this opportunity serious consideration in the knowledge you are joining an experienced team whose work is greatly appreciated.
Conference committee members will receive discounted conference registration.
To be eligible to apply, you must:
- Be a member of the national group for which your are nominating;
- Be prepared to work cooperatively and strategically with respect to the conference program;
- Be willing to share innovative ideas with the committee;
- Show your commitment to excellence in the physiotherapy profession.
In your EOI please include:
- Full name and contact details;
- The national group committee you are nominating for;
- A short curriculum vitae (maximum one A4 page) of your skills and experience in the physiotherapy profession;
- A statement (200 words or less) why you would like to be a member of the national group scientific program committee and what skills/expertise you would bring to the committee.
Email your expression of interest to Rose Horvat